Sunday 20 May 2012

Trail running things I have learnt ... so far

After a long haitus from running, I started up again on the 21 March 2012 with a 25min amble around the baseball fields where I am a memeber. Imagine my surprise when I found that ... nothing hurt. You must understand that I had badly damanged my ankle playing squash the year before and had also have some attention to my knees.

Since then I have reaslised a few things that I want to share:
  • I love trail running and may I never run on tar or pavement again (unless I am crossing a road from one trail to the next)!
  • Ryan Sandes is a machine
  • I would love to do an ultra race and/or a multi-day event. If I had the bucks ... adeventure racing
  • My goal is do to the Puffer and the Otter or the Retto
  • Ryan Snades is an amazing athelete ... and a machine
  • I haven't found the online running journal that meets all my wants and needs
  • I haven't found a watch that meets all my wants and needs
  • Converting a track/workout is a pain ... but I am working on that
  • I live in a beautiful part of the world with amazing trail running routes in my backyard
  • There isn't any easy to use database of trail running routes to pick from
  • Chai seeds
  • Salomon and The North Face kit is both very good and very nice
  • I love being outdoors and the feeling of freedom you get when trail running
So having said that, I will:
  • Try not to training too quickly
  • Will build up to my first ultra
  • Will blog about my technology experiements with GPS, kit and online journals
  • Will try and create a comprehensive source of route data for the Western Cape Area - specifically the deep south and Table Mountain
See you on the mountains...

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget your cap. Ever. Makes for a good sweat band.

    ReplyDelete